2019 has been a pretty big year for aKIDemic Life, with the launch of the website, the creation and curation of great new content to help parents and carers working in academia, and recognition by Nature Journals as one of the short-listed candidates for Inspiring Science 2019!
So what can you expect from us in 2020?
- We will continue our series of infographics aimed at distilling key information on different topics into one handy cheat sheet. You can check out the one on parenting while studying here.
- We will continue with our monthly blogs from experienced academics, full of useful tips and tricks on how to navigate life and academia. You can check out a selection from 2019 here.
- We will be profiling some of the great research we have in our searchable database of peer-reviewed articles on parenting, gender equity and diversity in academia.
- We are awaiting notification that aKIDemic Life is a registered charity within Australia – fingers crossed this will happen very soon.
- We are recruiting a social media intern to help spread the word about aKIDemic Life and ensure that our resources reach all those who need them. If you are interested in expanding your social media experience, then please get in touch by the end of Jan 2020.
Thank you all for your great support and interest in aKIDemic Life. If you have ideas for content or suggestions of links we could add to the site, please drop us a line!
Happy New Year