IAMAS Conference 2024Mothering and Motherhood: Past, Present, and Future
Theme: Mothering and Motherhood: Past, Present, and Future
Any research, analysis, art, and/or thought leadership that centers maternal research, matricentric feminism, or motherhood will be considered, but we encourage participants to examine practices and theory that connect to race-based oppression, racial solidarity and allyship, and potential avenues for innovative growth and sustainable community building. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Utopian visions of mothering and motherwork,
- Reclaiming and (un-)learning motherhood,
- Intersectional perspectives on motherhood and mothering,
- Media/literary analysis of mothering and motherhood,
- Economics of motherhood: waged work, universal basic income, neoliberalism, poverty, etc.,
- Global/International mothering,
- Transgenerational perspectives on motherhood and mothering,
- Queering mothering and motherhood,
- Mothering in the academy,
- Mothering and/as activism.
Any research, theory, thought leadership and/or art centering motherhood research will be considered, regardless of overall fit with the theme. Please visit https://iamas.com or email Katie B. Garner at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.