Make Your Voice HeardSend a Postcard to Your Elected Representatives
Sending a postcard to your elected representatives is a great way to make your voice heard on the issues most important to moms.
At IAMAS, we care about moms and the critical work moms do. Moms need their representatives to vote for what matters to them most, including closing the wage gap as well as securing paid leave, subsidized childcare, and health equity for all. We are stronger when we advocate together.
We know you’re busy, but IAMAS is making is super easy. Just fill out the form below to get your pack. We provide directions. All you have to do is provide the postage.
A huge thank you for agreeing to mail these postcards. This is a first step in realizing much needed reform in the United States. Below are the steps we recommend you follow to achieve the best results.
- Purchase postcard stamps from USPS. These are significantly less pricy than regular stamps, but both work. A coil of 100 stamps is $35.00. https://www.usps.com/
- Use the following link (https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials) to find the addresses you need. Write to your U.S. Senators or Representatives as well as your state level and local representatives. Remember, it’s just as important to send these to representatives you think agree with you as those who may not. Those that already support the legislation we advocate for need “proof.”
- Be sure to write a personal message on the back. Anything will do, but we included some options. Cards with personal messages “count” differently than those without messages.
- Thank you for the work you’re doing to support moms. As your constituent, I would like you to support me by getting __________ (Fill in the option you care about most.)
- As your constituent, I agree/disagree with your recent vote on _________. In the future, please vote to support moms.
- Due to Covid, I’m currently struggling with _____________. The options on the front of this card would help me by ____________________.
- This election, I am voting on the issues on the front of this card. I hope you intend to support the moms in your district by supporting legislation that helps us thrive.
- As a mother, I am raising children that will help the future economy of the US and wellbeing of our citizenry. I expect to be supported as I pursue these goals. Please vote for legislation that supports moms.
- Single mothers need support so that they and their children can thrive. Please support the legislation on the front of this card now.
- Be sure to keep the address to the lines offered. If too writing extends too low, some post offices will not deliver. (You can extend lines to the left if needed.)
- To offset the costs of printing, consider donating to IAMAS at https://iamas.com.