Last Updated: August 12, 2019
We are a non-profit. Or soon to be.
Information Received. We receive, analyze, and store information information you enter on or through the Site or your membership application. For example, we collect information you submit when you share referrals or submit a Spotlight. We also receive, analyze, and store certain types of information whenever you interact with the Site. For example, we may collect the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, information about your browser and operating system, the Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) of the websites you visit before and after our Site, and information about how you move around our Site. We may place cookies on your computer to prevent fraud, to personalize your experience on our Site, and to collect and store this information so we can improve our services. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can send to your browser and may then be stored on your computer’s hard drive. You may be able to block, delete, or disable cookies, but doing so may prevent you from taking advantage of some or all of IAMAS’ services.
How IAMAS Shares the Information It Receives
- With Authorized Third Party Service Providers: We have agreements with other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf (“Third Party Service Providers”), such as providing marketing assistance, hosting our Site, processing payments, and analyzing data with Google Analytics. We may share your personally identifiable information with these parties so they can provide the services that we have contracted with them to provide. We encourage these Third Party Service Providers to adopt and post privacy policies, but the use of your personally identifiable information by such parties is subject to their privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
With the Public: Your membership profile, including photo, are included in the IAMAS membership directory, which is available to the public and helps promote your business and recruit new Women Belong members. If you are featured in a Spotlight, additional information is made available to the public.
With Other Members: When you share referrals through the Site, that information is shared with other IAMAS members to help grow members’ businesses and fulfill your responsibilities as a member.
- With Our Advertisers: We may share de-identified, aggregated information about you with companies that wish to advertise on our Site. While IAMAS will not send you third party advertisements, advertisers with whose ads you interact on our Site may send you advertisements. You may obtain information about Internet advertising companies, including how to opt out of their information collection, by contacting the Networking Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- For IAMAS’ Protection or the Protection of Others:We may disclose your personally identifiable information if we believe in good faith such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or a court order, enforce this Agreement, or protect the rights, property, or safety of IAMAS or others.
Access to Site. You acknowledge there are sometimes interruptions in Internet service beyond our control, and IAMAS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA LOST DURING INTERNET TRANSMISSIONS. We intend to make our Site accessible 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, but you acknowledge the Site may be interrupted or suspended from time to time for any or no reason. We are not responsible for your inability to access the Site.
Management of Your Information.
You have options for managing your personally identifiable information on IAMAS:
- You can update or change certain information after you become a IAMAS Member subject to our Membership Agreement. When you update information, we may electronically store the prior versions of your information.
- We will not send you third party promotional emails without your permission, but we cannot control what the social media sites that we use will send to you. As a condition of becoming a IAMAS member, you agree to receive from us administrative emails related to your membership and announcements about new features we offer. We also may send you email newsletters. You may later opt out of receiving the emailed newsletters, understanding that opting out means you may not receive updated information regarding membership.
- If you no longer want to be a IAMAS member, you may terminate your membership consistent with the terms of the Membership Agreement. If you do so, we will no longer send you emails about new features, but content you have submitted may remain in our historical records and we cannot delete content stored by the social media sites we use.
Limitation on Damages and Liability. You are solely responsible for keeping your user name and password confidential and secure. You agree to release us, our members, affiliates, officers, employees, and agents from any cause of action or claim regarding your membership in IAMAS or use of its Site and social media. You agree to release us from any claim for damage, injury, or death as a result of your participation as a IAMAS member. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our members, affiliates, officers, employees, and agents from any loss, damage, liability, cost, or expense of any kind (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or out of your membership in IAMAS or your violation of any applicable law or the rights of any third party.